Holiday Fitness Gift Guide 2017
Happy holidays, bridal babes! Whether you're looking for the perfect health/wellness/fitness gift for your maid of honor or the bridesmaids on your holiday list - or you just want to give yourself a little healthy treat... we've put together a little holiday fitness gift-giving inspo to help you find the perfect fitness treat.
And as a bonus, there are actually two lists. One is Portland-local for the fit brides in our area (yes, of course, you can still buy if you’re out of town) and the other is, well, not local. We have no affiliate connection to anything on either list, btw. We just think these things are super cool! Think of this as "PBF's Favorite Things". ;)
- Ground Up PDX What’s Cool: All natural (and very tasty) nut butters “with a side of social change” - helping disadvantaged women in the Greater Portland area transition into the workplace with marketable skills.
- Biketown - Membership/Bike Share System What’s Cool: A healthy, fun, environmentally-friendly transportation option available for use 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year year-round.
- Evolve FIT Wear What’s Cool: Eco-friendly activewear - organic, recycled, and/or made in the USA.
- Claws Out - Nail Polish What’s Cool: Created by super cool Portland Monthly fashion editor, Eden Dawn, 20% of the profits for each nail color goes to support a different charity organization.
- PDX Meal Prep - Healthy Meal Delivery What’s Cool: Family owned, locally sourced, never frozen, nutritious and tasty eats delivered right to your door.
- Portland Juice Co What’s Cool: So good! Raw, cold-pressed juices and nut milks. Grab a taste at one of the mini-retail centers around town then order a delivery right to your loved one's door. They also offer juice cleanses, as well as bone broth in collaboration with Salt, Fire and Time.
- Minnie and George - Leather Goods What’s Cool: Super stylish, functional, handcrafted and locally-sourced (the hides) leather bags and accessories.
- Vibrant Valley Farm - Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Program What’s Cool: Seasonal and ecologically sound flowers (some are even edible!), sustainably grown, with no pesticides or herbicides.
- Mizuba Tea Co - Matcha Tea What’s Cool: Non-GMO, radiation-free, preservative-free, pure matcha tea that tastes absolutely amazing.
- Bridge Nine Candle Co. What’s Cool: Long lasting, hand poured candles using all natural soy wax, 100% cotton wicks and fragrance oils. Plus, the owner is super sweet.
- Sorel Footwear What’s Cool: Rugged, yet very cool, super stylish and comfortable footwear.
- Run Fast. Eat Slow - "Flavor-Forward" Cookbook What’s Cool: Nourishing recipes for athletes by New York Marathon 2017 winner, Shalane Flanagan - the first American woman to win the marathon in 40 years!
- Lululemon - Reversible Mat 5mm Yoga Mat What’s Cool: Extra cushion for the tush and those bony parts, plus slip-resistant, easy to clean, with antimicrobial additive the lessen the "eww" effect.
- Gaiam - Yoga Mat Carrier What’s Cool: Simplistic design plus it’s inexpensive.
- Trigger Point GRID Multi-Density Foam Roller What’s Cool: My favorite foam roller has a hollow core wrapped in foam, which means it won’t lose its shape... or potency.
- Kryptonite - Kryptolok U-Lock and Cable Bicycle Lock What’s Cool: Know someone with an expensive bike but a wimpy lock? This isn’t a wimpy lock.
- Evo Jump Rope What’s Cool: Best jump rope ever! It’s customizable - rope length, handles, colors, etc.
- Apple Watch What’s Cool: Fitness-tracking (including reminders to stand up, move more, pause for mindful breathing, etc), a well-stocked App Store plus make calls (beam me up, Scotty!), send text, listen to music and more.
- Athleta What’s Cool: Say it with me, "athleisure". Apparently, that's a word now. Stylish (aka very cool) and sturdy yoga and athletic wear.
- Peloton Bike What’s Cool: Take an indoor cycling class right from the comfort of home.
Hope this helps with your holiday shopping, beautiful!
Leave a comment and let me know which one is your favorite!